Monday, April 26, 2010
School, School, School…..
It is so hard to believe that all my classes will be over within the next two weeks and that some of my finals are coming up next week! I am so surprised at how fast this semester has gone by, and how much harder my classes have seemed this semester. First semester seemed easy and manageable, whereas this semester has been much more of a challenge. The main reason for this is I am currently taking calculus, and it has been probably the most difficult course I have taken up to this point in school. After talking to my teacher about why I am struggling in the class, it became apparent that at the University of Arizona calculus courses are for people that already know calculus and basically need a review of it. My teacher actually told me this, and I was quite shocked to find out this information. Having never taken calculus before, this class has been quite a struggle for me, but I have been giving my best efforts in hope that I can pass the class. This Wednesday I have my last calculus exam before the final so I have been frantically trying my best to work on as many calculus problems as possible. There however is only so much calculus I can do before I no longer actually can figure out what I am doing, so luckily this is a nice break in between working on calculus. I have realized that college is all a matter of priorities and scheduling. Next semester I need to be more organized in planning out a set study and homework schedule, and follow it, so I am as productive as possible. College has been a great experience so far and I look forward to many more semesters of it, I however will be quite happy when this calculus class is over!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

That was my problem my freshman year. I planned everything horribly. i took classes that I didn't know anything about and ended up screwing myself over at the end of the year. I now won't stay in a class that I feel I can't preform well in. Hopefully next year you can find classes that work better for you. Good luck with the rest of calculus!
ReplyDelete