Saturday, April 3, 2010
Happy Easter!!!
So I do realize that there are many people that don’t celebrate Easter, but at my house it always has been an important holiday. On Easter Sunday, Christians celebrate the resurrection of Jesus Christ. Easter is one of the days many people whether very religious or not actually attend Christian churches. Easter is the day that Jesus came back to life after he was raised from the dead and three days after is death on the cross. As a Christian this is a very important holiday that makes me remember that Jesus died for us. At my house we always have family and friends over for a very delicious meal, so I am definitely looking forward to having a wonderful feast tomorrow! :) Decorating eggs, having a visit from the Easter bunny and having Easter egg hunts are fun pastimes that sadly we no longer do to celebrate on Easter. Although my parents just may buy my brother and I some candy or chocolate! A funny story that I usually think of when I think of Easter is when I was a young girl, my brother was two and I was about 4 years old and we were on an Easter egg hunt in the house and I would collect all my eggs and put them into my basket. My brother would instead of actually looking for eggs just grab them out of my basket and put them into his. I surprisingly never realized this, but I guess in the end it didn’t really matter who had more eggs in their basket, it was all just a matter of fun. I hope all of you that celebrate Easter have a fun day! and for those of you that don't I wish you a great Sunday as well!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Easter has always been a big holiday at my house too. I myself am not very religious but I being with my family on the day. This is my first year not celebrating today with them but I am still enjoying the day by wearing my bunny ears to work :)
ReplyDeleteMy family and I always have gone to the Resurrection Celebration at the TCC, but this year, we went up to Sierra Vista to see my brother, his wife, and my baby nephew. It was a lot of fun, and so amazing to see him walking now! My brother moved out a couple years ago, and then became a Customs and Border patrol officer and moved away last year. It's just an hour and a half away, but it's hard not being close to him anymore. Anyway, I'm glad you had a fun Easter!
ReplyDelete