Sunday, May 2, 2010
Mother's Day Ideas....
As the semester comes to a close it is so hard to believe this is going to be one of our last English blogs from 102. It was hard for me to choose a topic for this blog, but after looking on my homepage of yahoo for a couple minutes I quickly realized Mother’s day is a week from today. Mother’s day always has been a special holiday in my family. We of course send cards to my grandmas that don’t live here and we always try to do something special for my mom. Since I still live at home, I think I might make breakfast for her this year. She really enjoys the Swedish pancakes I make, so I think that will be the highlight of her morning. My dad always buys my mom flowers and my brother, my dad and I all buy her cards for the day. It always seems to take me forever to pick out cards for either of my parents as I always pick out the sentimental cards that have to say the message I want to portray to them. My brother, on the other hand, just picks the funniest card and calls it good. As for a gift I have no idea what to get my mom this year. On yahoo they have a list of possible gift ideas, which range from jewelry, to clothes, to tea and other relaxing items, to photo albums to plants. Of these ideas I think I may see what I can find in the relaxing category, but as of now I still have no clue what sounds like the best possible gift. Class do you have any suggestions as to what you are getting your mom for Mother’s day or what sounds like a good gift for a special mom?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Aw Swedish pancakes sounds so cute to make! I think your mom would really enjoy that!
ReplyDeleteAs for special gifts, it just depends on what kind of mom you have. Some are sporty, some are craftsy,some are more into other things. So it just depends. There's a shop on Tanque Verde and Kolb area, right across Golf N Stuff that is called Desert Artisan and it has really pretty handmade jewelry that ranges from 20 bucks to about 60. Here's the link to their website. http://www.desertartisansgallery.com/
Elise you are such a good daughter and I am so jealous of your baking skills. I plan to practice the art of cupcake making over the summer. I'd like to be able to make something not from a box. As far as the mom stuff goes I know that moms die for those little wall hangings that look antiqued and the gospel supply store on speedway has tons of that kind of stuff and you could probably find something inexpensive there. Best of luck gift shopping!
ReplyDeleteAll of the things you mentioned sound like awesome gifts!! Just making swedish pancakes for her is already a lot! Thats awesome you and your family are so close. I'm still trying to decide what on earth to send my mother!
ReplyDelete