Saturday, February 20, 2010
Family Visits...A good or bad thing?
While often having the family staying with you at your house can be great fun it can also at times be very stressful…As you may remember I still live at home and my mom’s brother and his wife have been staying with us at our house since December 3rd. Luckily for us we have a guest house attached to our house, so it is much more comfortable for them and us for them to stay there. We still eat and visit with them though everyday that they have been here. While I am very happy to see them so often it is also very weird having someone else at our house all the time. I really enjoy spending time with my family, so I enjoy them being here…but having been over two months now it is time for a little break. They are leaving on Monday morning to start their very long, cold and not so fun drive back to Illinois. They have really enjoyed the weather here and I am sure once they get back to all the snow and cold they will soon want to come back for another long visit. Since they are leaving so soon, on Saturday morning I cooked breakfast for the family. Since my mom’s side of the family is Swedish I made homemade Swedish pancakes, and they were quite delicious if I do say so myself! Since they have been here I have made them a couple times and I am starting to get even better at making them now. We also went out for gelato tonight, at a place called Frost in town. It is always good and we all enjoyed that sweet treat! It has been a fun trip for both them and us, and there is already talk of them coming again next winter so it will be nice to have a little break and then to see them again!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment