As I sat down to think about all the things that make me who I am, I realized how hard it truly is to describe myself in only a couple paragraphs. As Dr. Seuss once said “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” I believe that everyone should be themselves and I am a very honest and open person. Some words that can be used to describe me are responsible, leader, independent, practical, loyal, and caring. I am a very self-motivated person that always strives to do my best.
I am an oldest child in my family, and I have many traits of an older child. I have one brother that is 16 years old, and I am currently 18. I am slightly younger than many other people that are freshman in college right now, as I just turned 18 in November. I have three dogs: one lab, and two pug/shihtzu mixes which I love to spend time with. I attended Canyon Del Oro high school in Tucson, AZ. I was born in Tucson, Arizona and I have lived here all my life. I greatly enjoy Tucson; however California is my dream location to live in the future.
I not a very daring person but I do enjoy many outdoor activities. Running and biking both are very enjoyable to me, I just don’t seem to be able to fit these activities into my schedule as often as I would like to. I also really enjoy spending time with my friends and family, whether it be just relaxing, playing board/card games, or watching a funny movie. My favorite board game is Monopoly and my favorite card game is Apples to Apples. My favorite types of movies are comedies. In my spare time I love cooking, baking, and trying new recipes. I also like traveling, and visiting new places; especially locations with beaches. I have never been on a cruise before, so I am hoping to soon experience that.
For much of my life I have known I really want to become a specialty doctor. Currently I am not 100% positive what type of specialist I want to be, and I am hoping to realize what type of doctor fits my interests best once I enter into medical school. Currently my major at the University of Arizona is pre-physiology. I am still in search of the medical school I would like to attend, but I will most likely attend a school either in California or Tucson. My favorite subjects in school have always been science and math which also makes medicine a great career choice for me. In high school I had two internships: one was shadowing an immunologist and another was shadowing a pharmacist. Both internships confirmed the fact that medicine really is the career field that interests me the most. At the University of Arizona I am currently involved in three clubs: the American Medical Students Association, Blue Chip, and the Physiology Club. I really enjoy meeting new people and learning more about my prospective career options from being in these clubs.
Friday, January 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hi Elise,
ReplyDeleteI am so pleased to have a friend in English. Coming from last semester where I had many acquaintances to an unknown group of people was a bit intimidating. I am quite new to the whole social networking business so I don't really know what to post about. I see that we have many things in common. We both strive for excellence in class and we both enjoy the game Apples to Apples, although I am terrible at guessing who thinks what is funny. I also have a great interest in medicine and while I do not wish to go to medical school, I am hoping to attend pharmacy school at Auburn University in a few years. I look forward to the upcoming semester of english and chemistry. Oh Boy!
I am so excited that you have a fellow math lover! No more crazy looks from everyone because of my major! I am also in blue chip and enjoy Apples to Apples. I think it is amazing that you want to be a doctor. I could never be a doctor because I can't handle blood and I am not good at biology or anatamy. Good luck with your future!
ReplyDeleteHey Elise,
ReplyDeleteI like the quote by Dr. Seuss. It is very meaningful and I agree that honesty is something that is very important not only when just meeting people for the first time but with every thing in life. I am also an older child with a younger brother who is 16, so I can relate to you in having to deal with the younger sibling. Mine is extremely annoying but maybe you pulled the luckier straw. I can not wait to get to know you this semester.
Hey! before coming to Tuscon, i also did considered studying in carlifornia. But unfortunately there were educations funds cut in carlifornia i think, therefore international students were unable to enrol for the spring intake. But no worries. I'm sure i'll meet awesome people here in tuscon! but maybe i would also further my studies there in carlifornia if i have the chance. probably graduate studies perhaps. Oh! could you also teach my some cooking reciepies ?! it would come very handy when i move out of the dorm and it wil be also cheaper if i cook. I've tried cooking up some stuff though, but most of them are lets say not even animals would eat them o.O. lol. I think your major is one of the hardest of them all. I can think of me doing what you're doing. You should be super smart :). Anyway all the best in your futher undertakings! see you in class!
ReplyDelete